01.11.2018 - 31.03.2019
Crackling snow and clear night-time sky printed with green waves from the Northern Lights enjoyed from a sled being gently pulled by a reindeer. This genuine winter adventure is what we will do our best to give you on this tour.
We would also like to give you the opportunity to become better acquainted with the Sami culture and join a pleasant and fun Reindeer Sledding and look out for the Northern Lights at the same time.
The Sami are the indigenous people of the North and our Sami guide would like you to get to know his culture better, both past, present and future, through tasting some typical Sami food, seeing and learning about Sami artifacts and hearing stories and the joik (traditional Sami song).
The Reindeer Sledding is an important part of the experience as the oldest known form of transport in the north and central part of the Sami culture. The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front.
By taking part in this evening excursion we hope you will be charmed by the fascinating reindeer and find that you love our gentle but curious and furry creatures just like we do - Our true hero in the Arctic
* If conditions change, we keep the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding
* Alternative: The Reindeer Sledding is subject to snow and when there is not enough snow we offer Reindeer Feeding and Sami Culture instead.
Pick-up time and place:
01 November – 20 March
Meeting time and place: 17:45 (5.45pm) Radisson Blu Hotel
Departure time and place: 18:00 (6.00pm) Radisson Blu Hotel
21 – 31 March
Meeting time and place: 18:45 (6.45pm) Radisson Blu Hotel
Departure time and place: 19:00 (7.00pm) Radisson Blu Hotel
Duration: 4-5 hours
Daily from 01 November 2018 to 31 March 2019
(Subject to snow conditions)
What is included:
• Scenic transfers (45 min each way)
• Knowledgeable English-speaking Sami guide
• Thermal winter suit, warm boots, hat and mittens
• Reindeer sledding (approx. 30 min, depending on weather and snow conditions)
• Feeding the herd on our camp
• Storytelling and joik
• Hot traditional Sami meal (bithos) and hot drinks (Vegetarian option available on request)
Adult (18+ yrs) NOK 1695,-
Youth (13-17 yrs) NOK 1550,-
Child (4-12 yrs) NOK 850,-
Infant (0-3 yrs) FREE
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(