01.11.2018 - 30.04.2019
We would like to give you the opportunity to become better acquainted with the Sami culture and join a pleasant and fun Reindeer Sledding in beautiful North Norwegian nature.
The Sami are the indigenous people of the North and our Sami guide would like you to get to know his culture better, both past, present and future, through tasting some typical Sami food, seeing and learning about Sami artifacts and hearing stories and the joik (traditional Sami song).
The Reindeer Sledding is an important part of the experience as the oldest known form of transport in the north and central part of the Sami culture. The sledding takes place as a "raid" where each reindeer and sled are bound together in a long row with the lead reindeer in the front.
By taking part in this daytime excursion we hope you will be charmed by the fascinating reindeer and find that you love our gentle but curious and furry creatures just like we do - Our true hero in the Arctic
* If conditions change, we keep the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding
* Alternative: The Reindeer Sledding is subject to snow and when there is not enough snow we offer Reindeer Feeding and Sami Culture instead (NOK 995 per person).
Pick-up time and place:
Meeting time and place: 09:45 (9.45am) Radisson Blu Hotel
Departure time and place: 10:00 (10am) Radisson Blu Hotel
• Scenic transfers (45 min each way)
• Knowledgeable English-speaking Sami guide
• Thermal winter suit
• Reindeer sledding (approx. 20-30 min)
• Storytelling and joik
• Hot traditional Sami meal (bidos) and hot drinks. Vegetarian meal available, on request.
Level of difficulty: Easy outdoors / Family
Number of participants: 2-48
Adult (18+ yrs) NOK 1695,-
Youth (13-17 yrs) NOK 1550,-
Child (4-12 yrs) NOK 850,-
Infant (0-3 yrs) FREE
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form :(